Available to every investor is a diverse and expanding range of investment options that extend beyond the simple low-interest bank account. From traditional investments in bonds, equities and cash to alternative investments in commodities, hedge funds, real estate and financial derivatives, there is always an investment option to meet an investor’s needs.
The types of investments suitable for each individual investor will depend on a number of factors, including net-worth, financial goals and risk profile. After suitability, investors will then chose the investments based on the expectation of a positive expected return, whether this is through capital growth, dividend distribution, interest on principle, rent from owned property.
Structured Products are investments with a pre-designed formula for calculating returns and a pre-set formula for calculating risk. The investment is structured so the investor/buyer knows what underlying asset or market the returns are linked to can clearly identify the risk to both the potential return and the initial investment amount. The risk/reward payoff is therefore clear to investors, unlike many other types of investment.
Arlo Associates offer a wide range of structured products to suit client’s needs which would include: financial goals, time horizons, attitude to risk and diversification in portfolio structures.
An investment fund, also referred to as a collective investment scheme, is a method of investing alongside other investors with the sole purpose of benefitting from the inherent advantages of investing as a group. These benefits include economies of scale which minimise the impact of transaction costs, reduce unsystemic risk through asset diversification, and attract professional fund managers who aim to achieve higher returns and offer greater risk management.
There are tens of thousands of different types of investment funds which are broadly split into two categories: public (mutual funds, ETFs, close-ended funds) and private placement (hedge funds, private equity funds). The benefit of this wide selection is that investors are able to find funds with investment strategies which meet their exact portfolio requirements. These funds can be as simple as an ETF that tracks the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index to an event-driven hedge fund that invests in distressed debt and mergers, allowing investors to gain exposure to almost any region and asset class.
Arlo Associates has an in-house team of analysts who use industry leading research software to analyse investment funds which are then built into a bespoke investment portfolio for each client.
• Up to 100% capital protection of your invested capital which can be linked with the performance of global financial markets with little or no capital risk.
• Ability to tailor an Investment structure to meet your specific financial objectives taking into consideration risk tolerance and time horizon.
• Access to a wide range of Investment vehicles.
• Customised exposure to the underlying assets.
• Flexible risk/reward payoff, allowing investors to choose their level of either.
• Ability to utilise short-term opportunities and respond to market movements.
• Daily secondary market in all products.
• Structured products may not necessarily out-perform the underlying asset they are linked to.
• Structured products are not protected against issuer risk should the issuer become insolvent. The credit worthiness of the issuer should be an important part of the criteria process.
• Changes in the price of the underlying assets may not be reflected in the price of the structured product on the secondary market. Interest rates, market volatility and credit risk of the issuer all impact the secondary market value.
A DFM is a form of investment management in which investment decisions are made at the portfolio manager’s discretion on the client’s behalf, similar to collective investment but with several key differences. Discretionary management can only be offered by individuals who have extensive experience in the investment industry with advanced educational credentials and is generally only offered to high net worth clients who have a significant level of investable assets.
There are a number of benefits of DFM solutions which makes them popular with HNW clients;
• Active Management: active, daily management by an experienced investment team should generate a higher return than the benchmark by following medium to long term market trends whilst capitalising on short-term movements;
• Experienced portfolio managers: portfolio managers and their teams have usually spent many years in investment & private banking where they have built up a wealth of experience and industry qualifications, including the highly renowned CFA qualification;
• Wider choice of investment options: the client has access to better investment opportunities through the portfolio manager. The client may also receive better prices for executed trades, as the portfolio manager can put through a single buy or sell order for multiple clients;
• Convenience: a DFM solution frees investors from the time and effort burdens of making day-to-day investment decisions. Delegating the investing process to a competent manager leaves the client free to focus on other things that matter to him or her.
Arlo Associates has access to many of the world’s best DFM solutions.
• Do you want higher returns than your bank account offers?
• Do you want access to thousands of unique and exciting investments?
• Do you want an investment portfolio that is tailored to your specific goals?
• Do you want investments that are tax-efficient and cost-effective?
Arlo Associates has access to a full range of investment options and using our in-house analysts & research software, we work closely with our clients to select investments and build bespoke portfolios that meet their specific investment goals.
Contact us to find out more about InvestmentsContact Us
Copyright right © 2017 Arlo Associates. All Rights Reserved.